Spartacus | ★★★★★★★

It must be my time to see those old movies that I have never gotten around to ... recently I viewed the Mag 7 and today I watched Spartacus ... the 1960s version Braveheart and Gladiator. The movie is yet another epic classic that probably played better 40 years ago when Kirk Douglas was young and Technicolor was new. I enjoyed much of the movie but found it's 3+ hours to be much too long for me. Spartacus is the telling of a gladiator-slave's escape to freedom and his passion to free others enslaved by Rome. Here are a few memorable quotes:
And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

When a free man dies, he loses the pleasure of life. A slave loses his pain. Death is the only freedom a slave knows. That's why he's not afraid of it. That's why we'll win.
On a scale of 10 I give this movie ★★★★★★★

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Kubrick fan and a Kirk Douglas fan also so no surprise I love this one. I have seen this many times and never get tired of it. Facinating stuff about it to be read here . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartacus_%28film%29
    Signed,
    LTF

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.