8 Random KB Facts

10/12 Update: Casey tagged me to reveal seven things about myself. As I don't have much new (that I haven't shared since.. search my PERSONAL tag if you want more) I thought that I would re-post this one. I absolve all previously mentioned bloggers from posting about themselves but do hereby tag one blogger that I like to visit: Sarah at Accidental Blog.
07/06 Update: I have been tagged again by a different Jason to tell eight things about me. As I cannot think of anything new to say, and nothing much has changed since May 8th, I will simply repost these answers.
Jason tagged me, asked me to give “8 Random Facts About Myself” and gave me the following instructions:
  • I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
  • Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here are the KB facts:
    1. Food: I love Kansas City BBQ but have been known to stray towards that mustard based Southern BBQ Pork. Next to BBQ I think Alaskan King Crab is my favorite food - pizza is a close runner up. Like Jason I don't like tomatoes but like sauce and salsa.
    2. Family: I have a beautiful (in every way) wife, two great grown kids and two wonderful grandchildren: Jordan 5, Malia 3 1/2 ... I love being around them - they really wear me out.
    3. Exercise: I don't like to do it but I do water aerobics 3 times a week. I do it because it is one of the only ways I can get a cardio workout without hurting my bad ankles.
    4. Profession: I have been a pastor for the last two years. Before that I worked in software for 25+ years. I retired when I was 49.
    5. Obsession: I am obsessive and compulsive when it comes to computers. I am also somewhat of a neat freak.
    6. Faith: I am a one-time Charismatic Fundamentalist and still struggle with legalistic tendancies.
    7. Ailments: In the past 10 years have discovered that I have hemochromatosis, stomach problems and arthritis ... it is great getting old.
    8. Games: I have been shooting pool for 45 years, have a table in my basement and I'm still not very good.
All that said I now hereby tag the following: Karen, Barbara, Milly, Codepoke, Matt, Danny Kaye, Matt and Stephanie. Now go forth an randomly bare your souls :)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag, KB. I will get to it a bit later in the day or week.

    By the way, did you notice the last post on my site? (heh-heh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag. Maybe now I'll actually have something to blog about. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid we don't share the "neat freak" trait. I gave up on that. Clean is good; clutter happens...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reposting this! I must have missed the post in May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bob, I clicked the link on your list about Charismatic fundamentalist , I can really relate to the changing thing . The way my thinking about worship & relationship , what is proper . I had a very emotional spiritual awakening and found that I was very judgmental with other people & rather condescending at times . Now , I feel like most believers really don't quite understand my view on things , but I am much more forgiving of others & myself . It's an old post of yours , but thanks
    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be a work'n on it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.