Lessons of Life as a Dad

My good friend, co-worker and mentor Michael has a parenting series that I recommend to any of you all with children. Here are a few excerpts from his latest installment:
"In those moments in which they would come face to face with their vulnerability as a weak human being, we, as parents, would seek to be alert and then uncover "the bigger redemptive story" that God was possibly (sometimes even clearly) intending to write on their hearts through their poor choices, the injustices of others toward them or challenging/painful circumstances beyond anyone's control. And...it seems to us as we now look back that He really honored that prayer big time."

"I remember many times in which my children (both at younger and older ages) would end up in my arms with tears of relief rolling down their cheeks because they felt they could interact directly and freely with us and, more profoundly, with God--the Biggest Daddy--who absorbs the pains of our lives into His Being and mysteriously comforts us in the "melting down" process of it all."
I affirm Michael's advice. He and his wife Terri have raised 5 beautiful children - he knows from whence he speaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.