John McCain

I watched the John Mcain 60 Minutes interview tonight. Guess that is why I posted this pitbull image of the senator. He comes across as a fighter and seems to have a fire in his belly.

My blogger-friend Gordon Cloud recently posted about why he voted for John McCain. Here is an excerpt:
I chose McCain because of his leadership abilities, his practicality, his willingness to say what he believes and not just what people want to hear, and his proven conservative (yes, that’s right) track-record on moral issues. I believe he will do the right thing by our military, our economy, illegal immigration and given the opportunity will appoint pro-life judges to the Supreme Court. Another reason I chose McCain is his ability to reach across the aisle.
I am still on the fence.. probably won't decide for a while yet.. but I echo Gordon's sentiments about McCain and like him for the reasons he cited.. I also like that people like Dobson, Limbaugh and Coulter don't like him.. he doesn't seem to owe those folks anything.

The big question for me is Iraq.. and I am not sure that the Democratic candidate will be all that different than from McCain on Iraq. Color me patient.. on this one anyway :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kansas Bob ~~ Really good post. I appreciate the insights and like the "bulldog" picture.

    I want to thank you for your comment on my Sunday Meditation ~~ it was a good comment, and I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.