City Island | ★★★★★★★




The title of this movie gets its name the small community (located at the edge of New York City in the Bronx) where the movie was shot. My blog friend Bill recommended it. Ann and I were both impressed by it.

The movie is a gritty, yet sweet, drama about family secrets. I loved the way that Andy Garcia played the lead role in the movie - he offered a touching picture of a man who ran away from a past mistake and struggled to make things right. As the movie unfolds a great story is told about how shame sends people into hiding, how convoluted deception can be and how truth can redeem past mistakes. I recommend it, even if you are not from New York, and, on a scale of 10, I give it ★★★★★★★

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great movie. I came over from Gregg's blog. I really enjoyed reading several of your posts. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this movie, but even after your evaluation of Green Zone, I saw it and loved it. I thought it was a great movie. Always, Damon played a great part.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.