Eat Pray Love | ★★★★★★




I thought that this true story was kind of worth viewing. What I liked about it was the message that life can go on after everything falls apart. The movie is pretty transparent as we see Julia Robert's character deconstruct after a divorce, jump into bed with a younger guy and then take off for Rome, India and Bali trying to put her life back together. I didn't care for the Eastern religion focus but I did appreciate the way that this focus caused her to examine her life and sort of embrace forgiveness. Even so, I thought that the story was very narcissistic (never did see any humility in her) and could have used a lot of editing - it was way too long. I give it a lukewarm recommendation.

On a scale of ten I give it ★★★★★★.

1 comment:

  1. I had a very similar review from a friend, so I passed on seeing it though I really like Julia Roberts.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.