Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy | ★★★★




"This gripping thriller about Cold War espionage follows an English spy as he returns to MI-6 under a cloud of suspicion"

So said the ads for the movie. Yet I found it neither gripping or thrilling. The flick was adapted from the 1974 spy novel of the same name. I found it hard to follow and thought that it suffered a bit from a lack of editing - it was like they took a ninety minute story and stretched it to two hours. Yet even with the extra time it took me a second pass through it to decipher the mishmash of characters and story lines. Felt the ending was as confusing as the rest of it.

One a scale of ten I give it ★★★★.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.