The Artist | ★★★★




I take exception to the rave reviews about this yawner of a flick. I think that reviewers have been caught up in the "ground breaking" aspect of this film and have largely ignored the overall boring factor of silent movies. I thought that the black and white filming gave it a dull image and cast the tone for the movie.

There were parts of it that were entertaining and I think that I would have enjoyed it if it were a one hour made for television endeavor. That said, I think that the lead actor, Jean Dujardin, did a great job in such a limited venue. His facial expressions and dance steps made the movie barely bearable.

For these reasons, on a scale of ten, I give this movie ★★★★.





2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't like it. I fell so totally in love with this movie that I saw it several times on the big screen. It took me to a place I had never been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that feedback Debby. A friend said something similar to me last night. I wonder if my aversion to B&W films "colored" my review. :)

      Delete

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.