The Fighter | ★★★★★★★★★



Christian Bale literally steals the show in this great boxing flick. His portrayal of Dicky Eklund, older half-brother-fighter of boxer Micky Ward (played by Mark Wahlberg) was the heart and soul of this movie which was based on a true story. Amy Adams and Melissa Leo turned in good performances as Micky's girlfriend and mom.

I loved how this movie was really not about boxing but about family. The love between these two brothers and their dysfunctional family speaks to me about how we need these kinds of bonds in our lives. The underdog theme was also well played - seeing Micky, encouraged by girlfriend Charlene, fight for his heart and his life was pure inspiration. I thought that this aspect rivaled Rocky in many respects.

As you can tell, I loved the movie and, on a scale of ten, I give it ★★★★★★★★★.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.