Thin Ice | ★★★★★★★



Not sure what to say about this one. Billed as a Dark Comedy - yes it was. It starts slows and meanders a bit until things begin to get interesting as the lead character, Mickey Prohaska (played by Greg Kinnear), starts getting in over his head. At times you wonder where exactly the story is going to end. The story and the cold weather environment reminded me of Fargo a bit - if you liked it you might like Thin Ice.

I liked the way that Prohaska's bad behavior got him deeper and deeper in trouble - showed how sinful choices often lead us to unplanned places. At times his plight seemed so unrecoverable. The story line had many twists and the supporting actors did a great job in sucking you in with Prohaska. Was not crazy about the final scene/end but I thought that it made sense - from a human point of view anyways.

I liked the movie and, on a scale of ten, give it ★★★★★★★.


Catch my other min-movie-reviews by selecting "Movies" above.

1 comment:

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.