Star Trek :: Beyond | ★★★★★★★☆☆☆



I really want to rate this movie higher. I love Star Trek. Love the characters. The hopeful story. The Enterprise. Yet, like last years Star Wars sequel, I found the movie to be lacking. Like that sequel too much of the flick is spent of special effects and action scenes.

On the positive side, I liked it better than the Star Wars sequel. I felt that the story held together pretty good. Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto are still great in the roles that Shatner and Nimoy iconified. Also enjoyed the sentimental nod to Nimoy's passing in the plot.

I liked the movie. If you are a Trekker you may too. On a scale of ten, give it ★★★★★★★☆☆☆.


Catch my other mini-reviews by selecting the Movies link in the menu bar above.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it. I will see it at some point. I have been in a slump. I usually see a movie at least once a week and I haven't been since June 10th!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new KC Streetcar has made a difference for us Debby. It stops a block or so from our place and stops at the movie theater. Pretty convenient.

      I look forward to soon catching your movie posts. They really help.

      Delete
  2. You do not like it that much :) the movie itself have gone episodic!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.