Brooklyn | ★★★★★★★★★☆



Ann and I watched this flick on TV last night. I was greatly surprised by how much I enjoyed this heartwarming movie. I was moved by this story of a young Irish woman coming to America to find a new life in the 1950s. I loved the care that she was shown by her Catholic Priest, the owner of the boarding house where she stayed and her new friends.

The heart of the movie was about her relationship with a young man and how she came to find happiness in America. The movie also showed how difficult it is for young people when they leave home for a distant land. The scenes when she returned home after her sisters death reminded me of how hard it is to be young and away from the ones that you love.

I loved the movie and, on a scale of ten, give it ★★★★★★★★★☆.



Catch my other mini-reviews by selecting the Movies link in the menu bar above.

1 comment:

  1. Love this movie, I watch it all the time! So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.