Lilies of the Field | ★★★★★★★★★☆



A few days ago my wife and I watched this beautiful movie. I am generally not a fan of the black and white genre. Yet the presentation was wonderful as the story of a black man helping five German nuns evolved and hearts changed.

I loved the way that Homer Smith, played flawlessly by Sidney Poitier in an Oscar winning performance, felt drawn to helping the nuns. Despite the self-righteous persona of the nun's leader, Homer persevered and, with help from the community, (spoiler alert) completed the chapel that the nuns dreamed about.

It is a great story about how God often uses broken and imperfect people to accomplish beautiful things. I loved it. On a scale of ten, give it ★★★★★★★★★☆.


Catch my other mini-reviews by selecting the Movies link in the menu bar above.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to watch this one again. I believe I've seen in but not in a very very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had never seen it Debby. So great see Sidney in his prime.

      Delete

I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.